Thursday, April 17, 2008

Aunt Reta's 90th Birthday Party

We travelled to Lincoln, Kansas last Saturday to celebrate Aunt Reta's birthday. We originally weren't going to go, but when we found out that Tim's aunt and cousin from Oregon as well as several cousins from Arkansas were going to be there, we decided it would be a wonderful opportunity to see some family that we haven't seen in years. All of Tim's brothers also made the trip.

Lauren and Tyler made a three hour trip from Lenexa. They were only there about two hours and then they drove home. Both aunts were very happy they came. What troopers!!


Along the way we saw at least a hundred wind generators. They looked very futuristic and reminded me of "Star Wars". There were more under construction. Imagine a hundred of these things sprinkling the countryside. This picture really doesn't do it justice because I could only get a couple in the shot at one time.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Try slide.com for the slide show. It has been the easiest one for me to use.

Maureen said...

Thanks Valerie. That does work pretty nicely. Tanner also helped me with the photos that showed up last night but were gone this morning by telling me to use imageshack.us. That was a really easy sight, too. I need all the help I can get!!!!