Wednesday, July 9, 2008

JUNE 2008

I'm a horrible blogger. I have good intentions but time just gets away from me. As kids get older, it is harder to find interesting things that they do that don't destroy their trust in me keeping a secret. Yes, they still do funny things, but unfortunately, they would disown me if I told-so my lips are sealed. A recap of last month is the best I can do.

We started early in the month with Tanner's 16th birthday on June 5th. It would be nice to embarass him and have a heading that says "Sweet 16 and never been kissed" but we are discouraging any kind of kissing at this point in his life. I do occasionally get a kiss on the check from him though. We started the day with traditional breakfast in bed.


We spent the day just hanging out together. We took in a movie and did a little shopping. He ended up playing basketball that evening. Lauren & Tyler tried to suprise him by coming to town, but unfortunately the weather was very threatening so they suprised him the next morning.

The major milestone for most every 16th birthday is driving without having mom or dad in the car with you. Here is the proud 16 year old in Mom's car.

No birthday blog is complete unless there is a walk down memory lane. Here are a few pictures of Tanner through the years. Unfortunately, I can't find any breakfast in bed pictures of him. I think they were video recorded instead of a still shot.


The day Tanner was born.


A future chiropractor! (He still wants to be a chiropractor)


Maybe he'll change his mind and become a carpenter. He likes wood-working as well.


OK, here's one he might disown me for but it is too cute. He is dressed up as a Grandfather for a piano recital.

We went to the Cosmosphere later in the month. Here are a few shots that we took.




And this one, I know they will shoot me for, but I couldn't resist.

We finished out the month helping Lauren & Tyler move. They got a really cute house in a nice neighborhood. It seems perfect for them.

The proud new homeowners.


Some of the best looking, strongest men around.

4 comments:

The Rouse House said...

I'm very curious about what it will be like when my little boys are big boys. Looking at your pictures me think it's going to be lots of fun!

Pat said...

Those are some fun pictures. It was about time for an update!

Valerie said...

Yeah for an update! Now we understand why we must wait for them. Good pics though!

Drew said...

Too bad we couldn't have helped with the move too, and added 4 more strong, handsome guys to the group!! We'll try next time! This is from Debbie, not Drew!